1. Embrace your solitude and use it to explore your spiritual path in a room alone with God
2. Avoid spending any time with family members who wish to sell you to the Ishmaelites
Joseph, son of Israel (Jacob) and Rachel, lived in the land of Canaan with eleven brothers and one sister. He was Rachel’s firstborn and Israel’s eleventh son. Of all the sons, Joseph was loved by his father the most. Israel even arrayed Joseph with a “long coat of many colors”. Israel’s favoritism toward Joseph caused his half brothers to hate him, and when Joseph was seventeen years old he had two dreams that made his brothers plot his demise. In the first dream, Joseph and his brothers gathered bundles of grain. Then, all of the grain bundles that had been prepared by the brothers gathered around Joseph’s bundle and bowed down to it. In the second dream, the sun (father), the moon (mother) and eleven stars (brothers) bowed down to Joseph himself. When he told these two dreams to his brothers, they despised him for the implications that the family would be bowing down to Joseph. They became jealous that their father would even ponder over Joseph’s words concerning these dreams. (Genesis 37:1-11) They saw their chance when they were feeding the flocks, the brothers saw Joseph from afar and plotted to kill him. They turned on him and stripped him of the coat his father made for him, and threw him into a pit. As they pondered what to do with Joseph, the brothers saw a camel caravan of Ishmaelites coming out of Gilead, carrying spices and perfumes to Egypt, for trade. Judah, the strongest, thought twice about killing Joseph and proposed that he be sold. The traders paid twenty pieces of silver for Joseph, and the brothers took Joseph’s coat back to Jacob, who assumed Joseph had been killed by wild animals.
3.Seek inner worth not the approval of sources outside of your self .
4. Seek to depend on your own strength and talent rather than other people’s
5. If you are a person blessed with compassion, start with yourself , and never place anyone or anything above your basic needs and ability to feel self worth . Remember Issac was not sacrificed at the end! God wants us safe and alive not dead before our time!Lets cooperate with the life giving forces!
6. Love thyself as thy neighbour, and you will not find yourself being used and abused!
7. When meeting open friendly people,ask yourself, do they want something ? are they trying to sell something ? if in doubt, listen to that inner voice screaming: look out!
8. Spend time alone, and learn to enjoy your own company and if unable to do so , go to a local animal shelter and save a friend who will save you eventually !
9.Run with wolves, live with cats-learn from domesticated animals how to survive, and how to listen to instinctual warning signs and how to live in joy self nurturing and attending to the sounds and sights of the great mother earth .
10. Balance a time spent in solitude in nature with a life spent with others in the city, avoid a life of extreme differences, the key to sanity is BALANCING
and last but not least and best:practice yoga !
yoga yoga yoga yoga yoga yoga